- There are 100 trillion bacteria and other microorganisms in/on our entire body.
- Ninety percent of the microbiome is concentrated in the large intestine.
- The weight of the microbiome throughout the body amounts to 5.6 pounds.
- There are more bacteria in the palm of our hand than there are people on the planet!
- The bacteria on our right hand is different from that of our left hand - only ⅙ of the bacteria are alike.
- Bacteria are the most ancient inhabitants on earth: they have existed for 3.5 billion years, long before humans, dominating every corner of the world. It’s no surprise that as other creatures developed, they collaborated with them.
Article is closed for comments.